A personal update:
I was one of 200 participants invited for the TV quiz show Sports Ka Superstar produced by Big Synergy (of Siddhartha Basu) and to be broadcast on Doordarshan (DD National). It is hosted by Mini Mathur.
The competition has three rounds. In the first round, there are 20 episodes, each episode with 10 participants. The top 2 from each episode move to round 2 for the semi-finals – 4 episodes of 10 people each. The top 2 qualify for the grand final. These 8 people will be joined by 2 more participants from a fifth semifinal made up of the best losing performers in the 4 episodes.
I am happy to announce that I won my first round and have qualified for the semi-finals. The date of the telecast is as yet unknown. The semi-finals themselves will be sometime in June.
A few questions (excellent by TV quiz standards and required a bit of working out)
1. Who was the youngest person to make his debut as a wicketkeeper in test cricket?
2. Which player’s full name is Parera?
3. Which was the sport in which India won its first ever medal in the Commonwealth Games
4. Which was the first Olympic Games where the top three were given medals – Gold, Silver and Bronze?
5. In which sport did physical educator Friedrich Jahn contribute in terms of developing modern techniques?
1. Parthiv Patel
2. Rafael Nadal
4. 1904 St Louis